black bullets MC :: View topic - said in a statement provided to Fox last week. - bbforum.be - Gratis Forum
Home to black bullets MC
FAQSearchMembersGroupsProfilePMsRegisterLoginLogout
klik voor meer informatie

said in a statement provided to Fox last week.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    black bullets MC Forum Index -> Voorbeeld Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yyys123

PostPosted: 30-10-2019 09:21:05    Post subject: said in a statement provided to Fox last week. Reply with quote

PITTSBURGH -- The Pittsburgh Penguins and Montreal Canadiens are still adjusting to NHL play after a nearly three-week Olympic layoff. And it showed Thursday night. The Canadiens, playing in their second game in as many days, however, got a good performance in the end from their backup goaltender as he filled in for an injured Olympic gold medallist . Peter Budaj stopped all three shooters in the shootout and David Desharnais scored the only goal, leading the Canadiens to a wild 6-5 victory. "He battled back in the second and third and in the shootout he was outstanding," Canadiens coach Michel Therrien said of Budaj. Budaj, in his second straight start for injured starter Carey Price, stopped Penguins shooters James Neal and Sidney Crosby before denying Evgeni Malkins slap shot for the win. Desharnais, the third shooter for Montreal, slammed on the brakes at the top of the crease before sliding the puck by Marc-Andre Fleury. "I would like to have some goals back, but we scored five goals against Pittsburgh," Budaj said. "We have to learn from the mistakes we made. We have to keep going and getting better." Daniel Briere scored twice, once on the power play, and Max Pacioretty also scored with the man advantage, his 27th of the year. Brendan Gallagher netted his 15th for the Canadiens and Alexei Emelin also scored his second of the season. Budaj, who stopped 27 shots, made his second straight start after turning aside 28 shots during an overtime loss one day earlier against Detroit. "You can tell the bench guys wanted to battle back for him because he certainly worked hard," Therrien said. He filled in for Price, who was named the top goaltender at the Olympic games after going 5-0 with a 0.59 goals-against average and two shutouts, leading Team Canada to a gold medal. Price, who aggravated a lower-body injury sustained in Sochi, will be re-evaluated Friday. "Credit to the team because they stuck with it, they battled for me and we got the two points," Budaj said. Crosby, who leads the NHL with 80 points, scored his 29th and added an assist. Neal scored his 21st for his 300th career point and also had an assist, while Malkin provided two assists, both extending six-game point streaks. Olli Maatta scored his seventh of the season on the power play and had an assist, while Brandon Sutter had a short-handed goal, his 10th of the year. Deryk Engelland also scored his career-high fifth goal. "We worked hard," Crosby said. "It was a little sloppy, and a lot of special teams. ... Probably a tough first one for everybody to get into." The teams were tied at 3 after two periods and both scored twice in the third, sending the game to overtime. Three of the four third-period goals were scored by special teams units, Sutter giving the Penguins a 4-3 lead with a short-handed breakaway goal and Crosby later putting Pittsburgh ahead 5-4 on the power play. Emelin tied it 24 seconds after Sutter gave the Penguins the initial lead and Briere sent the game to overtime with his second goal of the game. With the Canadiens trailing, the Penguins Tanner Glass was issued a five-minute major for a hit on Emelin. The call was elbowing, but video replays showed Emelins stick came up and hit him in the head. "Thats why I kind of followed through the way I did, to get his stick away from my face," Glass said. "Its a hockey play, it happens. I can understand why he made the call." The Canadiens cashed in anyway, Briere tying it with his second of the game when he feathered a back-door rebound behind Fleury, who made 24 saves. NOTES: Penguins D Kris Letang spoke with reporters Thursday morning, the first time since suffering a stroke and said he will likely play hockey again, but its unclear if he will return this season. ... Paul Martin, out 4-to-6 weeks after breaking his hand in the Olympics, was scratched along with recently recalled D Simon Despres. ... Price, C Ryan White, and D Francis Bouillon were scratched for Montreal. ... Penguins F Jussi Jokinen recorded his 400th career point. Fake Tigers Jerseys .The Ottawa Senators winger was relegated to a corner seat in the locker-room to allow Daniel Alfredsson to return to his regular stall one last time. Detroit Tigers Pro Shop . The Gatineau Olympiques head coach will lead Canada in its quest to end its gold medal drought at the 2015 world junior hockey championship held in Montreal and Toronto at the end of this year. https://www.cheaptigers.com/ . -- Fresh off their surprising run in the playoffs, the Portland Trail Blazers have signed head coach Terry Stotts to a multi-year contract extension. Custom Detroit Tigers Jerseys . -- Valentin Zykov scored in overtime as the Baie-Comeau Drakkar rallied to a 3-2 victory over the Blainville-Boisbriand Armada on Sunday in Quebec Major Junior Hockey League playoff action. Detroit Tigers Store . PAUL, Minn.The recent ban on testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) by the Nevada State Athletic Commission and later the UFC could force one of the most popular fighters in mixed martial art into retirement. Chael Sonnen (28-4-1), a known user of TRT who has made a name for himself as a dominant wrestler and an animated presence behind a microphone, spoke Wednesday on "UFC Tonight" about the rule change and the effect it could have on his career. "If this retires guys, then it retires guys. The rules are the rules, and the rules need to be followed," he said. "Im going through this myself, where Ive had to stop testosterone with the hope that we can find a new way to gain the results of upping testosterone to stay at a healthy level. If it doesnt work, I may have to stop the sport. And its as simple as that." The TRT ban has already affected one of the sports biggest names. Last week, middleweight title contender Vitor Belfort (24-10) was forced to pull out of his championship bout against Chris Weidman. Lyoto Machida (21-4) hass stepped in to take on the 185-pound champion at UFC 173 on May 24.dddddddddddd Belfort, who has never hid behind the use of TRT, sang a different tune about the potential impact the ban would have on his fighting future. "As other jurisdictions may follow suit, I am going to drop my TRT program and compete in MMA without it," Belfort said in a statement provided to Fox last week. Being that fighters, including Sonnen, feel that TRT is necessary for them to compete at the same level as their opponents, some red flags went up when Belfort didnt put up much of a fight against the ban. "As it relates to Vitor, I think this was a very genuine and sincere thing for him," Sonnen said. "Heres the problem that I have: a fighter that said seven days ago, I need TRT or I cant do this, and then all of a sudden goes, Well, Ill just stop TRT. I find that very disingenuous." Sonnen is scheduled to fight Wanderlei Silva in a grudge match between coaches in "The Ultimate Fighter Brazil 3" finale on May 31. ' ' '
Post new topic   Reply to topic    black bullets MC Forum Index -> Voorbeeld Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: